Monday

Simplified Raw Soup

I’ve just had a raw meal in the form of a beetroot, corn and pumpkin raw soup. It feels like such a long time since I’ve dabbled with raw soups but I’m so pleased I have.
I know I’ve pretty much discussed raw soups in the past but I couldn’t help putting up my prescription for a pleasant tasting raw soup. It’s so simple that it could well be my shortest post. 

Recipe Ingredients: 
300g vegies/fruit
200g orange juice and/or water

Instructions:
Blend vegies/fruit with the orange juice and/or water in the Thermomix for 30 seconds on speed 8.

I think I’m right! It is my shortest post even including my non-Thermomix conversion – well, up to this point at least! I’ve often thought that a quick meeting is a good meeting and I know my brother influenced me in this thought so I’m all for providing a post that is a quick read!









But wait! I’m sure you won’t mind if I post the photo of my dinner tonight. I made it just as I mentioned above with a couple of variations...Just to be really precise which I suspect is embedded in my nature, here are the ingredients that I used.

Dinner ingredients:
60g beetroot
110g corn niblets
170g pumpkin
190g orange juice
30g water

Final instructions:
Blend all ingredients in the Thermomix bowl on speed 8 for 20 seconds.
I added a further 60g water as the soup was too thick for me and blended again on speed 8 for 10 seconds and the consistency felt right.
After plating up, I scattered some chopped shallots for taste as well as aesthetics.
Naturally the beetroot made its presence visually felt and past experience indicates that this presence will be kinaesthetically felt over the next day or two as it moves through my body. But I don’t mind as beetroot has long been recommended to me as a good source of iron which I was sometimes lacking during my earlier years.
This soup had a lovely light taste and I really enjoyed eating it, and I certainly plan on returning to raw soups in the not too distant future.
So much for the short post! I do try to write short and sweet to reduce writing and reading time. After all, reducing is the first step in that all important mantra – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

2 comments:

Thermomixer said...

Thanks Tarah

never had pumpkin raw. But once it's blitzed I guess it would be creamy, especially with the corn.

Ann said...

pumpkin and corn together do have have a nice kind of creamy taste, but you can't see it because of the beetroot influence.