Sunday

Raw Cabbage and Apple Soup





After enjoying the cooked cabbage soup, and receiving the thumbs up from my Mum who has made her own variation of cabbage soup in the past, I decided to try a similar combination as a raw soup.

Recipe Ingredients:
2 dates
Sprigs of mint and basil
100g cabbage
Small apple cored 
130g water
Mint as garnish  

Instructions:
Mill dates for 15 seconds on speed 7.
Add mint, basil, cabbage, apple and water and blend for 30 seconds on speed 8.
Sprinkle the soup with some mint sprigs
 


I really enjoyed this as the cabbage and apple melded together very nicely. It probably helps that I like eating cabbage raw, which I was doing as I cut the cabbage into chunks. Perhaps that explains why there wasn’t enough, which I’ll fix next time by including more. I might not worry about the dates in the future as they seemed superfluous and the soup would have been smoother without them. Alternatively, I could soak the dates overnight which might soften them enough to blend in with the other ingredients.

All in all, I consider this a successful lunch, albeit as an appetizer as I didn’t make enough and even with more of this soup I would most likely supplement with another small dish.

No comments: