Monday

'Tuna' Salad Mix

Ah, lunch time. I’ve made up the ‘Tuna’ Salad Mix recipe from the Rawlicious booklet using some soaked almonds, capsicum and greens from my patios, and have placed it on top of a bed of lettuce leaves and sprouts.

This both tastes and feels good to eat. I know the soaked almonds are beneficial as I’ve found a web site saying that “Nuts are easier to digest and their nutrients are more readily available if they are first soaked overnight” along with other comments.
I’m glad I made this and will remember it for the future, particularly when I want to add some nuts to my salad.

2 comments:

Bel said...

Yum! This looks really lovely. I'm inspired by your blog to try more recipes from the Rawlicious cookbook!

Ann said...

Thanks Bel. That's great. I've really enjoyed trying them and sometimes get quite surprised by how well they work out.