Tuesday

Kale Pesto



I scored a huge bunch of kale in my Food Connect box today. Rather than risk not getting to it quickly enough and thus wasting it, I made some kale pesto from a recipe on the internet which I basically followed.




Recipe ingredients:
Clove of garlic chopped
2 cups of kale
½ cup of macadamia nuts
½ teaspoon of Himalayan Salt
2 tablespoons of olive oil

Instructions:
Process all ingredients in the Thermomix on speed 6 for 10 seconds. 

Half of this mix will supplement my lunch over the next couple of days while I have placed the other half into the freezer.
With half of the kale still waiting to be used, I will buy some pine nuts tomorrow and then make some more pesto. This time I will freeze the pesto in an ice cube tray as I have done in the past with lemon juice. Then I can pull one or two pesto cubes out at a time which will make things much easier.
If I am really on the ball tomorrow night, I’ll remember to make the pesto first and then make my dinner in the Thermomix so that my dinner will get some pesto flavour. I love getting multiple meals out of my Thermomix. It makes washing it afterwards so much more worthwhile!

2 comments:

amcken3 said...

How exciting! I love, love, love pesto! Can't WAIT to try these recipes! THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Ann said...

This is so easy and a great way to use kale or basil or any other green that we have too much of. Hope you enjoy once you get to try it!