Friday

Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho


Here is a lovely cool finish to a warm spring day. This Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho had such a delightful invigorating taste to it that I didn’t want it to end.
You won’t believe – or perhaps by now it won’t be a stretch at all – that I hadn’t ever bought a watermelon. Naturally I’ve eaten it as a popular addition on the fruit platter at functions. But I hadn’t ever bought a whole watermelon. And I still haven’t. Earlier today my fruit man had what looked like a sixth of a watermelon – all 1.4kg of it – which was more than enough for me.
Half of it has gone towards this delish dinner and the other half will disappear tomorrow morning. I shouldn’t really call this “dinner” as it feels and tastes more like a dessert, which suits me just fine. But the addition of tomato and other salad vegetables means that I can’t really call it that.
Never mind. The next time I have a sweets craving I know what I can do – this recipe from the Rawlicious booklet makes the perfect guilt free “Clayton’s meal”.

No comments: